ISSUES TO BE DISCUSSED AT THE FOCUS DAY:
- Elements of a clear and concise emergency response plan.
- Managing human factor in emergency situations, managing transport and equipment? Issues of medical evacuation in emergency.
- How to ensure business continuity in emergency situations?
- Legislation in the field of oil and gas emergency in Russia and CIS, international experience. Defining responsibility boundaries between the state, operating companies and subcontractos
- State agencies of emergency response, international experience.
- Role of the private sector in providing emergency services, performance indicators.
- First outcomes of compulsory insurance for hazardous assets.
- Preparing your staff for emergency? Behaviour aspects of emergency situations. Aggravating factors in emergency (accidents at sea, on ice, in the darkness), how to train your personnel?
- Technologies of emergency response. Safety accessories and equipment.
DO NOT MISS A DEDICATED SESSION ON OIL SPILL RESPONSE:
- What are the main reasons behind oil spills in the region?
- Oil spill regulation, main issues.
- Insuring the risks of oil spills. Financial guarantees as a tool in the prevention of oil spills. Role of regional and industry organisation in oil spill response.
- What stimuli to be put in place to encourage investment into oil spill prevention? Has penalty system proved to be effective?
- As there been enough information on the spills geography and statistics to aid decision making?
- How to deal with micro spills?
- What technologies of oil spill response proved to work best? Usage of dispersant, value and risks.
Among speakers alsready confirmed:
- Alexey Rvachev, Deputy Head, Administration of Federal Territory Support, Russian Ministry of Emergency
- Victor Chernov, Head, Russian Maritime Search and Rescue Service
- Alexander Volkov, Chief Technical Inspector, Neftegasstroyprofsoyuz
The Focus Day will also feature TWO DISCUSSIONS:
Partnership-building between the state and operating companies in emergency situations
In what areas the cooperation between the state emergency agencies and operating companies should be reviewed? How to ensure the speed of emergency response? Should a degree of company’s responsibility for an accident be revised as long as it has strictly adhered to all rules and regulations
Oil spills: are Russian/CIS companies changing their tack when dealing with onshore emergencies and are they ready to face offshore spills?
Have have oil spill responce of Russia/CIS companies changed over the last few years? What technologies are they using? Is the curent regulatory basis condusive to oil spills prevention?