Session 1. Port infrastructure and dry bulk shipping
▪ Black & Azov Sea: What are the prospects for new coal and iron ore terminals?
▪ Expansion of Russia’s port capacity – Which ports are being prioritised by Rosmorport?
▪ Ros Terminal Ugol – Ust Luga: With new investment the port’s capacity keeps growing.
▪ Vostochny Port: Russia’s leading coal port is undergoing major capacity expansion. What are the timelines?
▪ Dry Bulk Shipping: The outlook for 2014-15. Will excess capacity continue to depress costs? Can exporters seize the opportunity?
Session 2. Rail transport, rolling stock and infrastructure: construction, tariffs and investments
▪ Russian Railways – keynote presentation: Long-term transportation strategy for Russia’s key export commodity
▪ Natural Monopolies Research Institute: How can the rail infrastructure be modernised and expanded?
▪ Ural Railcar Plant: Russia’s largest manufacturer will give forecasts for railcar construction, maintenance and prices
▪ Competition: Can new players in the rail transportation market provide increased capacity while keeping tariffs down?
Session 3. Technologies: Efficiency, labour productivity, safety and modernisation
▪ Combined cycle coal gasification: Japan’s latest design advances and burning techniques for more efficient coal-fired plants
▪ SUEK’S coal bed methane project: Coal seam pre-drilling - reducing the risk of explosions while producing electricity
▪ Pillar Mining - case study: New U.S. advances in room and pillar mining in underground coal mines
▪ Production & planning: Geology, resource verification, ground control, environmental impact and mine planning